Your heart is a fine-tuned machine. To keep it looking its best, you need to feed it heart-healthy fuel. This means you should choose a healthy diet. Some foods are great for the heart.
1. Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which can reduce the risk of abnormal heartbeats, lower triglyceride levels, slow the growth of arterial plaque, and slightly lower blood pressure.
2. Oatmeal is a delicious breakfast food and another good source of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. Beans are versatile and contain a lot of soluble fiber, B complex vitamins, niacin, and omega-3 fatty acids, so they also help heart health.
4. For heart-healthy nuts, almonds are a great choice. They contain plant omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin E, magnesium, calcium, fiber, and heart-healthy mono- and polyunsaturated fats.
5. Red wine contains flavonoids called catechins, as well as the antioxidant resveratrol. Flavonoids help maintain the health of blood vessels and may help prevent blood clots, and resveratrol has cardioprotective properties.